Gamer Ghost

This past weekend my relatives came for a visit. This was the first time they had come since the death of their son (link here). I love their entire family and was very glad to spend time with them, but I couldn’t help but feel the shadow of my godson Luke. He was so filled with life and joy that his light is sorely missed. If felt this way, I can’t even begin to imagine what his parents feel on a daily basis.

I am glad to know that all of the things we did together were what Luke would have enjoyed as well. Our main activity for most of the weekend was playing video games. As I sat with my son and Luke’s sister playing our DS and Gameboys, I could clearly feel Luke with us watching over our shoulders and playing right along. I miss him.

Luke’s dad and I had good conversations about games, what he likes to play and what Luke played. We talked about the strategy games Luke played and all the logic and skills he used playing. His dad was impressed with Luke’s ability to successful manage resources and run small medieval villages in Stronghold or conduct attacks from three theaters in other RTS games.

I’m thankful for the love and spirit Luke shared with me during his life and I grateful for his continued inspiration.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Very touching. Thanks for sharing.

uk dating said...

Fourth, Consider the girl, there are several cases wherein a lady might say for two possible reasons: you are that she isn't keen on you, and another factor to consider is always that she would like to go out with you and not tonight. They're two different situations that really must be clearly understood..