Games that Teach, not Preach: Resources


Back in the fall of 2007, I was a guest lecturer for a video game theory course on our campus. While I've blogged and expanded about much of the content from that lecture, I have not provided my powerpoint slides. The slides focus on the work of Gee and Bogost and how it is relevant for the students in game design. Some of the slides are a little bare but I hope this is helpful for those who've asked in the past.

Educational Games: Games that Teach, not Preach: Slide Show

The students used three articles as required readings for my lecture:

Good Video Games and Good Learning by James Paul Gee

and 2 Gamasutra articles


In addition to these classroom resources, here are my individual posts about applying some of Gee's principles to information literacy instruction:

0 comments: