It's the most wonderful time of the year...

This is one of my favorite days of the year. Students checking into campus, fresh starts, and a whole new world to discover and explore. The campus is alive again with excitement after the hibernation of the summer.

Maybe my excitement is because I remember my first weekend on a college campus and all the life changes that occurred during my first year at college. Maybe it's because college is a fresh start and a new world for those arriving. Maybe it's pending interactions and changes in the student's learning and personal growth.

Whatever the reason, in the middle of a stressful day while I scrambled to get things ready for orientation and classes I started singing "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year." While the start of school may not be Christmas, it is a season worth celebrating.

Good luck to everyone out there starting their fall semester!

0 comments: