In Loving Memory: Luke Stempa 1994-2006

It was a year ago today that my godson, Luke Stempa died.

Luke was a gift.

While I have few words to describe him right now, thanks to the tightening in my stomach. He is an inspiration for me and my work on this site. Because of Luke's physical conditions he was limited in sports, but much of Luke's identity, and learning came through his life as a gamer.

Here are posts about Luke and his continued influence in my life, one from a month after his death and another from this past spring. I know that he would love the work and discussions going on here.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family this day and everyday.

Luke, I love you and miss you. Thank you for the games we played, the lightsaber battles together, and the love we shared.

1 comments:

Ron Eakin said...

I don’t know if this will get to the person who put this post on here but Luke and I were best friends in middle school... I never got the chance to say goodbye due to me being in Virginia with my dad... I was wondering where he was buried so I could go visit him... my name is Ron Eakin... if you do receive this comment feel free to email me where he is buried